Saturday, January 19, 2013

Challenge #20: Never Too Old!

Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child's growth as vitamins.
Joyce Allston

Sunday's challenges are designed to motivate you to make a difference in your family members lives.  I am blessed to have known all four of my grandparents. I only have 1 remaining grandparent alive and I truly treasure the time with my grandmother. Since I have had my own children I have not taken as much time to reach out to her and due to her age and failing health I know my time is limited.  

The quote I used compares grandparents to heroes--she is definitely one of my heroes and made a significant difference in the person I am today. If you didn't have a grandparent there was someone from another older generation that influenced your life. Don't short change them the legacy of you!

Today's Challenge: Call that grandparent or "substitute" grandparent and just say hi!

Yes, they will probably talk to long or tell you the same story again. Don't short change them of your time! It's something you'll never want a refund on!

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment