Saturday, January 19, 2013

Challenge #19: Meds OUT!

Let me begin this post by apologizing for the tardiness of getting today's challenge published. We have a family full of sick little ones so it's made it a little difficult to get the computer. Saturday's we work to get motivated on organizing our lives. Today's post and challenge is something I noticed I've struggled with in the past 24 hours--my medicine cabinet.OUT OF CONTROL!

With three children all sick with three different illness I realized I had 3-bottle of Children's Tylenol/3-bottles of Motrin and all six of these bottles were open.  Why do I have this many and all partial bottles? Because I could never find them when I needed them so I just kept buying more. Medications are a serious thing. Storing them in the proper place and making sure they aren't expired could mean the difference in a healthy person or an ER visit.  The flu rampant in the US and in other countries around the world I think we all need a 30 minutes of cleaning and organizing in our medicine cabinets.

Today's Challenge:  Clean that medicine cabinet!
  1. Check dates-if it's expired throw it out-the date is there for a reason.  
  2. Put all your meds in one place-don't scatter them all over your house-cost saving measure
  3. Group them in cabinet-stomach meds in one area, sinus in another, etc.
  4. If there's some you must keep handy-put it in a Gladware container to keep grouped together and accessible. The container will also slow any children from getting in it that aren't supposed too.
  5. Post the number to Poison Control near the cabinet or phone-1-800-222-1222. This could be life-saver.
Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment