Thursday, January 10, 2013

Challenge #10: A little Goes A Long Way

I hope you enjoyed your reading time last night-I know I did...I put my kiddos down for bed and opened up my book of choice and jumped right in.

I know I've had a few new people jump into the BetterU365Challenge and I'm excited to have you aboard-please don't hesitate to start even if you're a little late or a lot late.  Don't feel like you need to go back and try to catch up just start today. Sometimes our challenges do build on each other-so I'll put an update in so you'll know where to start.

Thursdays are our financial challenges-Last week we had to take a $5 or $10 bill and write Feb. 3, 2013 on it-and save it! Don't spend it for a month-so if you're new-try to save a small amount for a month.  Great things start with small steps.

Today's Challenge:  Find a Coupon that you would use-USE IT!  There are tons of coupons on the internet or check out the back of your receipts-maybe you participated in a fundraiser where there are coupons.  Grab one and use it the very next opportunity you plan on purchasing that product. Don't just buy the item to be using the coupons-make them work for U! You may only save 20 cents on the item but that would add up to over $70 a year if you did it each time. Don't go extreme and try to get everything free like Extreme Couponing-Just choose something you use all the time and get a discount on it.

Every week on Saturday I do my grocery shopping-I hit 2 different stores always-A grocery store and Dollar General-the bottom of the Dollar General receipt contains a $5 off coupon to be used the next Saturday! Yes you have to purchase $25 or more but WOW-that's free toliet paper-something we all use-if you don't you should!

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment