Friday, April 26, 2013

Relationship Challenge: Explaining the Tough Stuff

Last night my daughter produced a tough questions/conversation...
  "Mommy, I don't want you to die..."
  "Mommy isn't going to die-why are you worried?"
  "I know you aren't now but you will get old and then die--I know you will go to heaven but I don't want you to die."
____________________________________________________________________________________

As my little daughter sobbed in my lap-I know the answers I supplied her with were inadequate to offer her peace in her big heart. Difficult conversations happen between people no matter the age, intellect level, status, or relationship. Those conversations/questions can range a ton of topics.  Dying, Sickness, Cheating, Money, Premarital Sex--the list could go on and on.  What answers can you provide that will provide understanding or peace in difficult circumstances?

Today's Challenge:  Identify 3 difficult conversation topics you could potentially have with those close to you.  Prepare yourself-how will you answer those questions about death, boyfriend break-up, money, addiction...whatever your topic maybe. Journal your answers-you may need to take more time and pray and seek our advice or other resources for these answers. 

I would say, if you are a Christian pray that GOD prepares your heart for the questions.  Another piece of advice it to always work to keep the lines of communication open and flowing between those people who's relationships are most important to you--often time it's just the ear they are needing.

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment