Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Smarter U: Stretch Yourself in Reading

Recently I was asked to join a book club...great I thought...I don't have time to read other people's books just the ones I want...and the list right now is 4 deep so when am I going to make this happen.

Despite my internal protests I decided to dive in and get to reading this "random" book selected by the leader. I wasn't for sure what to think at first. It was fiction--something I don't usually read.  The book was also about magic not a topic I would choose. Now that I am almost finished with the book I am glad I've stretched myself and committed to reading it.

We must never lock ourselves in a box and keep the world around us at a distance. We need to be willing to follow in order to be a good leader and open our minds us to the artistic ability of others without judging.

Today's Challenge: Select a short book--out of your norm to read. Hopefully you have finished the other book you started...make this one short. Maybe choose a high school favorite to re-read. Select one you can read in 2 weeks. 

Stretch Yourself...

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment