Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Physical Challenge: Stress Elimination

 One major thing that can cause you to live a longer and healthier life is controling the stress in your life. You can bust out a serious work-outs to eliminate stress or practice some breathing techniques but the most important thing is working to decrease or control the levels of stress.

Increased stress can lead to weight gain, heart problems, depression and so many other health risks. 

Today's Challenge: Choose three things and implement them to help eliminate stress in your life.  Do some internet research, read a book, but make this important step to help decrease stress and increase your life span.

Listed below is a list of 10 things that can help eliminate stress in your life from Gretechen Rubin author of "The Happiness Project" and "Happier at Home" gives the following 10 tips on her blog.


1. Keep some cash in the house. For years, I badgered my husband to get cash so we had cash in the house. Finally, light dawned: Why did I get to decide that this was his problem? Now I get cash when we need a reserve, and I feel much better.

2. Never let your car’s gas level fall into the “empty” zone. Special note to my fellow under-buyers: if you can afford it, fill the tank! Save yourself from having to return to the gas station in two days.

3. Have an over-the-counter pain reliever at hand at all times.

4. Put your keys away in the same place every day. This sounds so easy — and it is. It will make you so happy.

5. Turn out the light as soon as you’re sleepy. Since I started my happiness project, I’ve become a sleep nut. Getting enough sleep makes a huge difference in my sense of energy and cheerfulness.

6. Walk around the block.

7. Take ten minutes before bed to tidy up.

8. If you have to pack a lunch for anyone, get it ready the night before.

9. Have at least one good friend who lives in the neighborhood.

10. Make your bed. This sounds trivial, I know — but try it, it really helps!

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment