Thursday, March 7, 2013

Financial Challenge: Learn To Live on Less

“Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, 
but everybody does something about it.”  
Rebecca Johnson

We get so accustomed to having this particular soap or shampoo and someone would probably have a major breakdown if you switched their coffee brand. But honestly can you be content with Folgers instead of Starbucks? It would save you about $3 at the grocery store each time.  

Part of the balancing act of managing your finances is learning to be content.  Contentment to live on a little less and not have to 'keep up with the Jones' is a key in helping get ahead financially. Moving from a big city where the Jones were on every corner to a small town where some 'favorite' items just aren't available has forced me to 'live on less'.  It has truly begin to breed contentment in my heart with what I have.  And I learned I didn't really 'need' the items I was constantly working to secure.

I don't need 'name brand' jeans or a purse that cost $200+. I can be satisfied with my cute thrift shop buy and no name jeans that look the same at 1/2 the price.

Today's Challenge: Evaluate your lifestyle. Choose one expense and eliminate it! Down-grade your cable, choose to buy off brands...let contentment with what you've already been blessed with reign in your heart and Choose to Live on Less.

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment