Thursday, May 2, 2013

RicherU Challenge: Pack It and Snack It!

As a "Dave Ramsey" convert I am only allowed/budgeted $50 of blow or spending money for two weeks.  I usually spend it on my lunches or small tokens for my kids. Last week was the book fair at the school. I allowed my daughter to buy some books and I paid for it out of my spending money.  I then used a portion of my funds for other family activities...basically all my spending money was GONE before Thursday!  What was I going to eat for the next week and 1/2?

Sandwiches and leftovers--that's what!  Snacks?--no vending machine/snack shop/coffee for me!  I brought them from home.  I am proud that as a family we managed to stick to the budget-use some free coupons and not dip into our account for personal unnecessary expenses.

Today's Challenge: Pack It and Snack It! Bring your lunch and own snacks from home for one week--and see how much money you'll save...Quick Calculation Below:

Lunch x 5 days= 7.00 avg. cost per lunch x 5 days=$35.00
Snack x 5 days=$1.50 Sonic drink/Vending machine x 5 Days=$7.50

Total: $42.50 (Honestly, it's probably more like $50)

 If you just Pack IT and Snack IT 1/2 the year you would save: $1,105.00 --A small family vacation!

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment