Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Physical Challenge: Summer Fun in the Sun

My kids have asked about 10 times each day it's is POOL DAY...I think it's still a little chilly for pool with the Kansas winds lately however, we'll be spending many hours at the pool enjoying summer.  One of the most concerning issues for me is the sun. Getting  a little sun is ok but drenching yourself in the rays and becoming a golden goddess isn't healthy.

I've heard all the antics...
       "I'd rather have tanned fat than white fat"--to that I say-"Don't be fat"
       "I'm prettier with a tan & more attractive"--to that I say-"God made you beautiful in the skin your in"
       "It's relaxing"--to that I say "So it shouldn't change if you are under an umbrella"

Today's Blog will hopefully encourage and motivate you to be a HealthierU when it comes to the sun. According to the American Cancer Society, skin cancer is the most common of all cancers. It accounts for nearly half of all cancer in the US.  For more information please see the link below.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/sunanduvexposure/skin-cancer-facts

Today's Challenge: Enjoy the sun and summer: Use sunscreen and don't bake--it's not worth it!

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment