Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Physical Challenge: THE QUEST!

This morning it was easy to get out of bed and put on my shoes...the hard part came when I realized in the middle of my run due to time constraints I wasn't going to reach my distance goal...so I almost quit early not maximizing the time and getting the most out of my run but just being lazy and saying, "Oh I'll make it up later."  We are given THIS DAY to strive for excellence and be the best we can be--we are not promised tomorrow. 

Some people struggle with just getting out of bed, others maybe at a point that they have limited abilities due to health, or other reasons but no matter the number of excuses you can come up with all you do when you settle for less than your best is fail. There is no nice way to put it--Failure!  

If you are ok with being unhealthy and you aren't on a Quest to be Your Physical Best...you are failing yourself and those important to you. This is a daily process...it's a lifelong process...because the second that you settle for less than your best you will need to start over!

Today's Challenge:  Consider where you are at on the physical fitness level. Examine your abilities--maybe you have health issues to consider when you are thinking about your life-long Quest for Your Best--not everyone can just start running when they've never done it before--so don't put unreasonable boundaries on yourself while trying to determine your best. Then as NIKE says it, "Just DO IT!" Putting on my shoes was easy but sticking to the end wasn't--don't let a day go by without maximizing all it's potential.

Challenge Issued!
 
"The quest for excellence is a lifelong process."

No comments:

Post a Comment