Thursday, February 21, 2013

Financial Challenge: Emergency Plan!

I was in college and my mother had a heart attack at 42. It cost over $50,000. No health insurance and other mounting bills spun my parents into a hole they could not climb out of...this resulted in a personal bankruptcy. One of the hardest things my family has ever been thru.

The average emergency cost $5000. That's a lot less than my moms did...and almost any car repair you'll drop between $500-$1000. If money only grew on trees we'd be prepared however there aren't any leaves in Winter. 

Would you be ready for an emergency-No more debt-no credit card-Cash! Dave Ramsey recommends starting with a $1000 in your savings account for emergencies. Let's prepare! Let 's get that $1000 saved!

Challenge Issued: Save a $1000! Examine your income and bills and how fast can you save $1000. How about adding some odd jobs to increase your income and get there faster? You can do this! 

When I find the money tree I will let you know...until then prepare for an Emergency!

Challenge Issued!

No comments:

Post a Comment